Scripture Passage: Acts 4:17-20
Every Christ follower should be prepared to face opposition in healthy ways.. Pastor Ryan spoke of three Enemies of Truth in any culture:
3. Unnecessary Conflict
• Share about a time when you experienced opposition as result of embracing the truth that Jesus is the only way to have true fulfillment.
Read John 14:6 — Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
• Does popular wisdom embrace the truth that there is only one answer or one way to have a personal relationship with God?
• In what ways do you see our government and culture moving away for what we know to be truth?
• You can be bold in your proclamation about Jesus and show respect.
Read 1 Peter 3:15 — “but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.”
Pastor Ryan stated that more people are turned off about Jesus because of the distasteful attitude of Christians than about the truth about Jesus.
• How can you share the truth with gentleness and respect?