This morning we continued to “Restore the Table” as Pastor Ryan focused on the text of 1 Timothy 1:5. God is calling us into lasting relationships and one very practical way to do this is through having meaningful meals each week. The sermon centered on dispelling three lies that rob us of Biblical loving relationships:
- “They don’t have to know everything.”— Loving relationships are honest and strive towards integrity.
- “I have enough needs of my own right now.”— Loving relationships are selfless relationships.
- “Our goal is to connect.”— Loving relationships are God-centered, not centered on us.
As we focus on the habit of “train” this month, let’s practice training ourselves to seek out Biblical, loving relationships with those around us for the glory of God. Here are some discussion ideas for your meaningful mealtime today:
- Why would the enemy want to feed us lies concerning Biblical relationships?
- When we draw closer to God, how does that help us draw closer to those around us (think about the Triangle illustration from Pastor Ryan)?
- What is one way that you can practice selflessness this week towards a person in your life?
Close in prayer: Thank the Lord for creating relationships and for wanting a relationship with us. Ask Him to help us create honest, selfless, God-centered relationships this week.