Scripture Passage: 1 Corinthians 8:1-13
Pastor Ryan asked us to consider what it means to have freedom in God. He asked us to think about what our founding fathers meant by “freedom” and what kind of liberty they had in mind. In 1 Corinthians 9:1, Paul asked the question, “Am I not free?”
Pastor Ryan explained that…
1. Real Freedom is given by God.
2. Real Freedom is Governed by God.
• Love means my new boundaries are God’s mission for my life. Galatians 5:14
• Love means I help other people experience freedom as well. 1 Corinthians 8:7,12
• Love means I make decisions at a higher level than just asking “What will make God happy?”
• Is there anything in your life that is robbing you from freedom in Christ?
• What are ways as a family you are celebrating the freedom you have been given?
• Why is it important to move past simply following the Law, to striving to bring God glory?