Scripture Passage: 1 Corinthians 11: 17-26
Share in your group a most significant moment in your life and how you like to remember that time.
In this morning’s message Pastor Ryan Cook reminded us of the most significant event in all of human history which was the death of Jesus Christ. As he preached from the Apostle Paul’s letter to the church at Corinth, we are reminded of Jesus’ instructions regarding his institution of the Lord’s Supper that we might remember.
- That we might remember the significance of the week
- Jesus is our Passover Lamb
- He is spotless and blameless
- The broken bread and the juice remind us of Jesus’ broken body and His given blood in payment for our sins
- That we might remember the significance of the meal
- Jesus creates a new covenant with God’s people
- That we might remember the Principles and Promise of the meal
- Be a follower of Jesus Christ
- Be at peace with every believer
- Don’t take the Lord’s Supper in a flippant manner
- Remember the elements do not become the literal body and blood of Christ
- Remember the Promise that Jesus is coming again
As I listened to the sermon this morning and then took the Lord’s Supper at the end of the worship time, I realized how I was now remembering the price Jesus paid for my sins in a new and special way. It caused me to love Him more!
- Around your table tell of how you were influenced by the Holy Spirit to remember Christ’s sacrifice in a new and worshipful way.