What is the Gospel? Gospel means “a good message”. The message Paul brings in Romans is the best message – how a holy God can get an unholy people into a holy place.
How should the Gospel change us?
A. The Gospel doesn’t just improve us. It transforms us.
The purpose of the Gospel is to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of His name among all the nations. It’s more than doing, it’s knowing and experiencing the grace of Jesus.
B. The Gospel brings fulfillment when it invades every area of life.
The Gospel is all encompassing and it should transform all areas of your life. Kingsland’s mission statement is “Inviting all people to experience true fulfillment in Jesus Christ, one home at a time.” We define four domains of life. True fulfillment comes when these four areas are surrendered to God. Pastor Ryan pointed out the need for us to allow Jesus to claim all four areas. He defined each area by assigning a table that could represent each domain.
1. Heart Table | An end table or bedside table that represents your time spent alone with the Lord.
2. Home Table | The kitchen table represents your family and intentional time spent together over meaningful meals and faith discussions.
3. Community Table | We aren’t called to go through life alone. The coffee table represents time spent in Christian community.
4. Mission Table | A larger table such as a dining room table or restaurant table represents time we spend with others getting to know their stories and telling them about our faith journey. We are all called to share the Gospel with those around us.
Take a moment to define your four tables.
• Are you spending time at each “table”?
• Which table needs more intentional focus?
• What steps will you take to make improvements in a lacking area?