Sanctification is the process of a Christian being made holy. The law was never intended to save us; it points out that we need a Savior.
1. Paul admitted his struggle with sin.
The first step is to admit that you don’t have it all together—the Christian doesn’t just get holy when he comes to faith in Christ.
2. Paul confessed the futility of self-help.
The key to living the Christian life is not found in trying; it is found in trusting.
3. Paul let God do the work.
Victory is not found in trying, it is found in dying. The solution to the problem of trying to keep the law is to lay it down (Romans 7:25) and have victory in Jesus.
• Do you have people in your life that you can admit your struggles to and have pray for you? Who are they? If not, how can you cultivate that type of relationship?
• When Paul says that he is a wretched man (Romans 7:24), he means exhausted from hard labor/battle. How do you rest in God?