Scripture Passage: Romans 8:1-4
At Kingsland we define freedom as God’s gift to every believer that releases us from captivity to live the life God intended us to live.
Pastor Ryan’s message about freedom focuses on the three major implications scripture teaches about God’s gift of freedom.
1. Freedom means that we have a secure position (vs. 1).
Our position is secure because we are “in Christ” and has nothing to do with our performance. Our secure position is a gift from God and based on what Christ did for us on the Cross.
2. Freedom means we have sufficient power (vs. 2-3).
The Spirit of God works in and through us and we are set free from the law of sin and death. Freedom means we rely on the Spirit of God and not on ourselves to overcome sin and live the life we are created to live.
3. Freedom means we have significant potential (vs.4).
As we rely daily on the Holy Spirit our lives reflect Christ and it impacts our homes and community.
• Ask God to reveal to you any area of your life that you have not surrendered to Him.
• Ask God to reveal to you any sins or challenges that you are trying to overcome in your own strength.
Father, thank you that I am your son/daughter and the Holy Spirit lives in me. Thank you that I have a secure position and identity because I am “in Christ.” Forgive me for the ways that I attempt to live my life apart from you and the power of the Holy Spirit. I surrender every area of my life to you. Help me trust you and rely on the Holy Spirit on a daily basis. In Jesus Name, Amen.