Three Impacts of Adoption on our lives as believers in Jesus Christ.
1. Adoption Impacts Our Identity
Our adoption into God’s family is something we can proclaim to the world.
Our adoption changes our legal status; God’s residing Holy Spirit guarantees our sonship.
Our adoption changes our relationship with God so that we can approach Him as Christ did by crying “Abba, Father,” we need You.
2. Adoption Impacts Our Inheritance
As heirs of God, we become joint-heirs with Christ, “that we may also be glorified with him.”
3. Adoption Impacts Our Ministry
Adoption to sons of God affects our ministry to our community.
Adoption calls us to have a mind like Christ to care for orphans.
Today, around your table with family or friends talk about how you might respond to God’s call in James 1:27, “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.”
• Will you pray?
• Will you be involved in ministry to the local orphan community?
• Will you give of your time and/or finances?
• Should you investigate Kingsland’s Tapestry Ministry?
The Apostle Paul tells the Galatian church, “If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.” (5: 25).” Share how the Holy Spirit might be leading you!