Scripture Passage: Deuteronomy 6:4-9
We want to fix the home and restore the home back to the way God intended it to be. God’s heart is for the home and Jesus is in the restoration business.
How to Build a Successful Home:
Tip 1: God Designed the Home
- Intent 1: Family is to bear the image of God. (Genesis 1:27-28)
- Intent 2: Teach the next generation how to walk with God (Deuteronomy 6:7)
Tip 2: Restore God’s Identity (Deuteronomy 6:4-9)
- God’s character does not change. There are lies we may start to believe about our identity, but we can be reminded of God’s identity in Scripture. (1 Corinthians 8:6, Psalm 59:16, Romans 8:38-39, John 3:16)
Tip 3: Restore Our Reflection (Mark 3:14 & Acts 4:13)
- When we realize how much He loves us, we want to spend more time with God.
- When we begin to rest, know, and pray, we begin to reflect Him.
Tip 4: Restore Our Heart (Deuteronomy 6:6)
- We need to hide the Truth of God in our hearts.
Think and talk about it!
- What is a lie you have been believing? What is the truth to that lie?
- What is a way, as a family, you can hide God’s Word in your heart?
- What is something that you need to be freed from?