Today Pastor Ryan preached on the growth of a believer. Growth always comes through devotion, and devotion always comes with love. Through falling more in love with God, our level of devotion increases, because we desire to follow Him. Today there were three ingredients to living a devoted life.
Devotion to authentic community.
- Through coming together and having the bond of Jesus Christ, we are able to grow closer to one another.
- We also are able to hold each other accountable.
Devotion to biblical clarity.
- We grow when we are focused on the Word of God.
- God reveals Himself to us through the Bible.
Devotion to persistent prayer.
- This is a life style of desperate calling on God.
- Inviting God in to the prayer conversation, rather than just requests.
- Seeking His face as much as His hand.
- Making every meeting a prayer meeting.
Through these ingredients we are able to have spiritual growth.
- What does the word devotion mean to you?
- How do you walk in devotion in your everyday life?
- What does it mean to be authentic in community?
- What does it mean in prayer to seek God’s face rather than His hands?