God doesn’t call us to live in a state of fear. He doesn’t want us to be anxious or oblivious. Instead, He’s called us to be confident and bold!
Three ways we can overcome a life of fear and gain confidence in God’s promises:
1. We Overcome Fear Through the Promise of His Presence
God will never leave you on your own. God will never leave you nor forsake you. That’s good news. Your Heavenly Father is with you right now as you read this.
2. We Overcome Fear Through the Promise of His Provision
God’s love is made complete (literally, brought to maturity), and: ‘because as he is, so also are we in this world (verse 17).’ Because as God is, so are you. You are His family. What belongs to Jesus now belongs to you.
We encourage you to read through these passages on your own or with your family and be reminded that what belongs to Jesus, now belongs to us.
His sorrow is now our sorrow. Phil 3:10
His concerns are now our concerns. Mt. 25:40
His enemies are now our enemies. Jn 15:18
His wisdom is now our wisdom. Jn 16:12
His purpose is now our purpose. Jn 20:21
His authority is now our authority! Mt. 28:18
His future is now our future! Col 3:4
His joy is now our joy. Jn 15:11
3. We Overcome Fear Through the Promise of His Love
“There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. So the one who fears is not complete in love” (vs. 18). God’s love surrounds all our troubles and fears. God’s love is what allows us to boldly and confidently come before Him. We certainly will face troubles in this world, but praise be to God who allows us to draw near to Him and experience His ultimate grace, forgiveness and confidence.
• What about today’s sermon touched you?
• What are some of your fears right now?
• How does God’s presence help you overcome fear?
• Is there any area of your life where you’re not believing God for His provision?
• What Scripture passages from today’s message speak to you the most?
Thank God for His great love for you. Rest in God’s presence, provision and promise of love today.