Every Christ follower can experience a breakthrough by making three discoveries about the veil.
- The Veil’s Purpose
- Sin has a history of building barriers: The Garden of Eden, The Tabernacle, The Temple
- The veil was a barrier between sinful man and the presence of the Holy God.
- The Veil’s Destruction
- These barriers between us and God are not how God wanted things to be. He created us for relationship and intimacy and closeness.
- God has a history of breaking barriers when all seems hopeless: the Red Sea, the Jordan River, Jericho
- The veil was torn in two from top to bottom—the barrier that separates us from God has been removed by Him. You can’t tear the curtain by yourself.
- The Veil’s Invitation
- As it says in Hebrews 10:20, Christ became the veil.
- Jesus has restored us and our original design in creation—to be in the presence of God. Not by anything we have done, but by the power and provision of God.
- Why would we not commit ourselves to draw close to God, to live in hope, when Christ made every accommodation for us to do so?
- What is blocking your access to God?
Through the veil of Jesus the old one is torn down and we have full access—don’t misunderstand it or waste it!