One of the greatest gifts we’ve been given by the Lord is the gift of this day. The Scripture offers us some wise counsel on the best way to live every day.
1. We should treat every day like it’s our only day.
The Apostle Paul understood how important this was and spoke about it in Philippians 3:13 — “One thing I do: forgetting what is behind…”. Yesterday is gone and we have no guarantee of tomorrow. Therefore, we should make the most of this day — the day that the Lord has made — and fill each moment with the kind of living that honors Him.
• What do you need to prioritize in order to make the most of this day?
2. We should treat every day like it’s the Lord’s day.
We are stewards of every day that the Lord gives us. One way to be good stewards is by making the most of daily opportunities to advance God’s purposes in the world. Keep in mind this simple acrostic that can help you to BLESS others:
B = Begin with prayer.
L = Listen to others. Take a genuine interest in them.
E = Eat with others. Invite them to your table.
S = Serve others.
S = Share your personal story and talk about how Jesus has changed your life.
• Who will you bless today?
3. We should treat every day like it’s an extraordinary day.
When God calls us to do something we should do it then and not procrastinate. Procrastination isn’t just a bad idea, it’s a sin. James 4:17 reminds us, “So it is sin to know the good and yet not do it.”
• What has God has called you to do today?