Scripture Passage: James 1:2-4 2
3 Priorities That Are Necessary for Hard Times
1. In Hard Times, Facts Are More Important Than Feelings
Many people inadvertently build strongholds in their mind. We must run to the Word of God during a crisis. We need to reprogram our mind to see things as God sees them, or we’ll be crushed by the emotions of hard times.
2. In Hard Times, Trusting is More Important Than Understanding
Ask for wisdom, not just deliverance when you go through a trial. Remember what faith is: Believing God will do what He says He will do and acting on it regardless of the circumstances.
3. In Hard Times, Growth is More Important Than Comfort
Begin to recognize that God is doing something significant in you in the midst of the hard time. The goal is for you to be more like Christ. When you face inevitable trials, make the decision to trust God through the trial.
• What connections in your brain need to be reformed? (Romans 12:2)
• Do you find yourself only asking for deliverance during trials? Why or why not?
• Who is God? How does your answer affect your expectations of your prayers?
• Will you take the challenge to memorize James 1?