Scripture: After John was arrested, Jesus went to Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God: “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!” (Mark 1:14-15).
- The Reality of the Kingdom.
The word kingdom means the domain in which one rules and reigns. The Gospels teach us that God’s Kingdom is coming and that God’s Kingdom is already here.
- The Location of the Kingdom.
The Kingdom of God is everywhere God rules and reigns. As King, God allows us to choose if we are going to seek Him and His Kingdom in our lives.
- The invitation of the Kingdom.
We are invited to “repent and believe the good news” of God’s Kingdom (vs. 15) for our salvation and invite others into God’s Kingdom by sharing the good news with others (Acts 1:8, Matthew 28:18-20).
Questions to pray about and talk about as a family:
- Consider your own life.What do you need to release to God so that more of His Kingdom rules and reigns in your life? (examples: things from your past, fears, struggles, pride, lies from the enemy, sins). Take time to pray and ask for God’s Kingdom come into those areas of your life.
- Ask God to put one person on your heart each month to invite into His Kingdom. This may involve one or more of the following areas of your life.
Heart– ask someone about their story or share your story
Home – invite someone into your home for coffee or a meal
Gather– invite someone to worship with you or to your Community Group
Beyond– go beyond your comfort zone by reaching out to someone outside your personal comfort zone to share the Gospel.