There are 3 essential benefits of baptism:
1. Baptism is a symbol of your death and resurrection. The word baptize in Greek translates “to bury” or “to totally immerse” — which is the reason we baptize by immersion. It is symbolic of the death and burial of Jesus. When we are baptized we are being buried and raised, from death into new life.
2. Baptism pictures your new life. Read Corinthians 5:17. When we accept Jesus as our Savior, we are new creations.
3. Baptism pictures your part in God’s redemptive plan. Jesus was baptized to identify Himself with us. When we are baptized, we are identifying with Him.
• Baptism is a symbol. Discuss other symbols from the Bible.
• If you have been baptized, tell your family about the experience.
• When should a person get baptized?
• If a person has given their life to Jesus and never gets baptized, are they still saved? Why or why not?