In his letter to the Philippians, the Apostle Paul assure us that we can shift our security and trust God to provide for our needs.
Trust God to Give Opportunities
The Philippian church provided for Paul while he was in prison. One way in which God provides for His people is by creating opportunity to bring people with abundance together with people in need. Whether you have need or abundance, you can trust God to give you opportunity.
Trust God to Give Blessing
In the midst of need you can trust God to give you blessing that would otherwise not be available. Paul never said that every situation is good but rather that God is able to work all things for the good of those who love Him (see Romans 8:28).
Trust God to Give Strength
God frequently gives us more than we can handle — but he never gives us more than He can handle. God promises that you can trust Him to give you the strength to get through hard times.
Think About It & Talk About It
• Where are you putting your security?
• Are you still thinking that your life is going okay and though mentally you agree that you need to trust God, you are still confident in your own ability to handle every situation?
• Are you struggling and feel stuck? Perhaps you need to cease striving and know that God is God (Ps. 46:10).
• Have you been complaining about where you are so much that you need help changing your focus?
• Have you been trying to do it on your own and need to confess your inadequacies? Pray for his strength and learn to abide in Him.