The Bible is the story of God’s kingdom unfolding in our midst. It is the treasure map to finding where God is and what he is up to. If you seek Him, He promises you will find Him. And when you find Him, joy will overwhelm you.
Discuss: “What is the Bible?”
• Look at the table of contents of your Bible: How many books are in the Bible?
• How many are in the Old Testament? New Testament?
• What is the difference?
• The Old Testament is summarized in one word, Israel.
4 basic sections of the Old Testament
• Torah: Genesis – Deuteronomy
• History: Joshua – Esther
• Writings: Job – Song of Songs
• Prophets: Major (Isaiah – Daniel) and Minor (Hosea – Malachi)
• The New Testament is summarized in one word, Jesus.
4 basic sections of the New Testament
• Gospels: Matthew – John
• History: Acts
• Letters: Paul (Roman – Philemon) and GHeneral
Why study the Bible?
• To know God’s voice. Read John 10:27 and Hebrews 1:1-2. What do these verses teach us?
• To know God’s will. Read James 2:19 and 1:22-26. What do these verses teach us about knowing God’s will?
• To know God’s blessing. Read Psalm 1:1-3. What are some of the benefits (blessings)?
Check out the Kingsland App for some tools to help you get started.
Discuss with one another your favorite Bible stories: tell them in your own words, what you like about them, what they tell you about God, and what they say about you.