Scripture Passage: Matthew 22:34-40
In Matthew 22:34-40, we are commanded to love the Lord our God with all of our heart, with all of our soul, and with all of our mind. We are also commanded to love our neighbor as ourselves.
The restrictions of the Coronavirus shelter-in-place directive have limited our travel to almost every mission field on earth except the one we overlook most: the place where we live.
Notice two primary principles in Jesus’ command: The Proximity Principle and the Kindness Principle. God has placed us next to specific people with a specific purpose in mind — to love them in a way that reflects our Father in Heaven!
God is calling us to invest in our neighbors, sacrifice for our neighbors when necessary, and ultimately, to show the kindness of God to our neighbors. We are presented with a precious opportunity, during these unprecedented times, to love people where we are at.
• What will it look like for you to spend intentional time with your Heavenly Father this week?
• Are there barriers that are hindering you from reaching out to your neighbors? If so, what are they?
• How can you love and cherish your neighbors well during these unprecedented times?
• In what specific ways can you intercede in prayer on behalf of your neighbors?
• Pray for your heart and ask God to align your heart with His.
• Pray for your home and ask the Lord to bind your hearts together and also to use you together for the advancement of His Kingdom.
• Pray for your neighbors. Ask God to Incline your heart to love and cherish your neighbors well. Be sensitive to the leadership of the Holy Spirit in reaching out to and loving your neighbors.