The sermon this weekend focused on baptism: who, what, when, where, why and how? Pastor Ryan spoke about several key points of Believer’s baptism:
1. Baptism is a picture of total commitment | We are saved by grace when we ask Christ to take over our lives. Baptism is a visible sign of what has happened in a person’s heart. Read Luke 12:50
2. Baptism is a marker of spiritual transformation | This transformation can only take place if Christ is living in someone. A person should be saved before they are baptized. Read 2 Corinthians 5:17
3. Baptism is an adoption into God’s Family | It’s a huge reason to celebrate. Nothing should get us more excited. Read 1 Corinthians 12:13
• When and where were you baptized? What do you remember about it? This is a great time talk about when you asked Jesus to be your Lord and Savior as well. Share your story with your family.
• When the pastor baptizes, why does he say something like, “You are buried with Christ in baptism and raised to walk in newness of life?” Read Romans 6:4-7
• If you haven’t been baptized yet – what is in your way?
For more information about being baptized at Kingsland email Devin Lamb at email@example.com.