We are in the middle of a focus on where God is taking Kingsland and how each of us can be a part.
Abraham is a great example of someone who trusted God with a vision. He received a greater vision. A vision is based on God’s promises, and there are two types:
• Strategic Vision is our inherent desire to imagine, create and plan for a better future.
• Spiritual Vision is the faith to see the invisible promises God has made available now.
Abraham responded in faith and took steps of faith.
Kingsland has identified 3 areas of vision for our church. We need to move in that direction.
My Mission – The unique place God has called us to lead and serve with our passions, talents and abilities
My Home – Our goal is to transform 10,000 homes with the Gospel. That starts in each of our own homes.
• Hold to the Habits
• Own the Table
• Mark the Milestones
• Engage Beyond
My Legacy – Our financial prayers. Abraham rested in God’s ability. Even though Abraham believed God, he still struggled with trusting God and trusting himself to respond appropriately.
Talk About It
• How does God want you involved in Kingsland? Each of us should get alone with God and ask Him.
• What steps of faith can we take to respond to the vision?
• What areas of your home life need some work?
• Who is God calling your family to reach out to?
Our God is a giving God. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that giving is a key theme in the Scriptures — second only to salvation. Like the early church, Kingsland is a generous and giving church. Your gifts enable us to invite others, from Katy to the ends of the earth, to find true fulfillment in Jesus Christ one home at a time.
The Old Testament story of Abraham teaches us some important lessons about giving.
Read Genesis 14:17-24
1. Giving is Voluntary | Giving is a natural thing when you appreciate or love someone. Abraham offered the priest Melchizedek a tenth of everything he had. He did so voluntarily and not out of obligation.
In what ways do you acknowledge that everything you have is a gift from God and that you are a steward of what He has given you?
2. Generosity Costs Something | We should give because we want to and not because we have to or ought to. Abraham did not give his leftovers to the Lord. Instead, he gave a planned portion in recognition that the Lord is the Possessor of heaven and earth.
Which of the following best describe why you give?
• I give because I have to (giving according to the law).
• I give because I ought to (giving according to guilt).
• I give because I want to (giving according to grace).
3. Giving is an Indicator | Abraham refused to express dependence on anyone but God. His giving was an indication that he deeply loved and worshiped God. This is also the first time in Scripture that giving is mentioned in the context of worship.
What does your giving indicate about your worship?
Discussion: Consider where you are on the giving ladder and how you can take a step or steps of faith toward a life of increasing generosity.
• First Time Giver
• Emerging Giver
• Consistent Giver
• Bold Giver
In Genesis 12:1-4 the Lord speaks to Abraham and calls him to move from where he is to where God is moving him. The Lord speaks to us today and calls us to move in His direction through 1) His Word 2) gifted teachers 3) the Holy Spirit 4) circumstances and trials.
- God’s Call Always Precedes an Invitation to Move
When God speaks to us He invites us to move in His direction. God moves us from where we are to where He wants us to go.
- You’ll Never Fulfill Your Calling Without a Cost
When God speaks to us and moves us it is an opportunity for us to trust God with whatever it may cost us to follow Him.
Kingsland is embarking on a church-wide Vision Campaign over the next five weeks to seek God and make a commitment in three specific areas of our lives: 1)My Mission 2)My Home and 3) My Legacy.
- Kingsland’s Vision Campaign is a time to seek God’s presence and direction in our lives. What are some things that could hinder you from truly seeking God and allowing Him to move you?
- Pray! Ask God to help you seek Him and give you a heart that is willing to be moved.
- Vision Campaign Daily Devotionals: Read today’s devotional in the Vision Campaign Booklet that you received at church today. Commit to seeking God and His direction daily during our Vision Campaign.