Scripture Passage: Acts 2:46-47
“Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple, and broke bread from house to house. They ate their food with joyful and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. Every day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.”
During difficult times it is especially important to remember that God is with us, cares for us and provides for us. The early church encountered their own “storms” but God continued to work in people’s lives as they gathered together for meaningful meals, with joyful, sincere hearts while praising God.
Three key ingredients of meaningful meal times:
1. Social | Connect around the table by having conversations with one another instead of being on the cell phone or watching TV.
2. Special | Make a plan to gather with others, recognize the meal and time together as a gift and be grateful.
3. Spiritual | Thank God for His provision and His presence by praying at the beginning of your meal.
In the midst of the storms of life we can rediscover the power of meaningful meal times. God can actually use meal times to transform our lives and those around us.
Discuss around your table today (or any place you gather):
1. Storms cause fear and uncertainty. Talk about your fears and encourage one another to remember that God loves us, God is with us and God takes care of us.
2. What are you thankful for today and how is God helping you through the storm?
3. Pray for God’s protection and peace and thank God for His provision in the midst of Hurricane Harvey.
For more information about what you can do to help in response to Hurricane Harvey go to Kingsland.org/hurricane-update.