The Bible says that we are image bearers of the living God. As such, every person has worth and value, no matter their economic class, race, age, gender or health status. Pastor Ryan identified four truths in Psalm 139 about God and His highest creation – us.
• The Extent of God’s Presence (Ps. 139:1-12)
• The Intricacy of God’s Creation (Ps. 139:13-16)
• The Wisdom of God’s Plan (Ps. 139:16-18)
• The Comfort of His Mercy (Ps. 139:23-24)
Consider the following questions:
1. Am I running from God’s presence in any way or do I desire to draw near to Him? Why?
2. Is there any sin that I need to confess and receive His mercy so I can be closer to Him?
3. Are there any areas of my life where I have allowed the culture to shape my views of any one person or people that diminishes their value or sees them as anything less than God’s image bearer? Do I need to ask forgiveness from anyone as a result?
4. How is God asking me to pray for our community and country to see His mercy come and His image restored?
5. What’s one simple way I can affirm the value and worth of someone this week – at home, work, or school?
In a world that continues to devalue people in every possible way, we can be thankful that God affirms our value. Give thanks for Jesus who came to restore the image of God in every person, every home, and every community around the world.