Scripture Passage: Luke 1
The virgin birth is Mary’s conception of Jesus by Holy Spirit apart from a man.
QUESTION:What are some implications if we deny the virgin birth? Example: Bible is not trustworthy.
The virgin birth means: Jesus was able to live a sinless life; His living a sinless life means that Jesus was a sinless sacrifice; Jesus giving His life as a sinless sacrifice means there was an atonement for our sin.
- The virgin birth reminds us why we have access to God.
- What do the following verses have to say? 1 Corinthians 15:22, Romans 5:12, John 3:16
- His Father is God; His mother is human. He is God inhuman flesh; He is God-man. He is the One who is qualified to die on the cross for our salvation.
- The virgin birth reminds us that “nothing is impossible with God.” Luke 1:37
- You don’t have to understand to validate the truth.
- QUESTION: What are some things that we accept although we don’t understand the how? (Example: electricity)
- Ultimately, we have to believe – faith.
Read and discuss 1 Timothy 3:16.
- What are some challenges you have faced that seemed impossible? Ask your parents or grandparents.
- Is there a challenge that you are facing that seems impossible? He is able. Will you trust Him?
PRAY: As a family pray about your challenges.