Happy Mother’s Day to all the mom’s out there! This Sunday Pastor Ryan taught out of the book of Ephesians. We looked at what it means to honor our mother’s. Below are some great points of how we honor our parents.
Important Priorities of Obeying Your Parents
- Childhood Obedience- In Ephesians 4:1-4 Paul was talking to children. One of the ways that we honor our parents is through obedience. The reason for this is when we obey our parents we are also obeying God, because he commands us to obey our parents.
- Generational Appreciation- We should honor our parents and specifically our mothers today regardless of age. Whether we are adults or we are children, we should honor out mothers because it is Biblical and they are worthy of honor.
- Social Order- The family structure and the measure to which we honor our parents and submit to their authority becomes the barometer of the rise and fall of nations. Honoring our parents has enough significance that it effects everything in our society.
Pastor Ryan also gave a few different ways that we can honor our mothers:
How to Honor Mother’s
- Listen to Her- Listen to your mother; it speaks so much value into her.
- Respect Her- Give her the honor that she is due.
- Protect Her- Take care of her and make sacrifices for her.
- Thank Her- Write a letter to your mom thanking he for all that she has done for you.
What does it mean to honor your parents?
Why is obedience to parents difficult?
How can you honor your parents?
How can you bless and honor your mother today?