Scripture Passage: Matthew 5:9
What does it mean to be peacemaker? Think back for a moment to the Christmas story. What did the angles proclaim in Luke 2:14?
Peace in the biblical sense is harmony that brings “warring parties” together to enjoy the full benefits of one another.
How hard is it to be peacemaker? Why?
Look up a couple of these verses on peace and ask what is God telling us?
• 2 Timothy 2:22
• 1 Peter 3:11
• 1 Corinthians 7:15b
• Romans 12:18
• Hebrews 12:14
• James 3:18.
Read together Ephesians 2:14-21 to learn 3 markers of a peacemaker:
1. Peacemakers move toward the conflict, not away. What did Jesus do in verse 17?
2. Peacemakers identify and remove barriers. Discuss what Jesus did in verse 14.
3. Peacemakers recognize that real peace is not of this world. What do verse 16 and 18 reveal about real peace?
• Mom & Dad – How can you be a peacemaker in your marriage/home?
• Kids – Think about your last fight with your friend or brother/sister. What could you have done differently?
• Pray to have peace with God and to be a peacemaker.