We lift up the name of Jesus in worship because there is no other name worthy of praise and honor. This Christmas, remember these things about the name of Jesus.
1. The Name of Jesus is a Simple Name
God, the Father named Jesus. God gave Him a name that was common to man because Jesus came to common man. He came to save the world and give His life for us.
2. The Name of Jesus is a Special Name
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ (John 1:17).
Jesus is “Messiah” and the “Anointed One.” Jesus is the One the Old Testament promised would one day bring salvation and a new covenant. Jesus came for us and gives all who trust in Him the gift of salvation, eternal life and a new life in Him.
3. The Name of Jesus is a Saving Name
There is no other name that brings salvation, healing and deliverance to people other than the Name of Jesus! There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved (Acts 4:12).
Think About It & Talk About It
• If you have never trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation then tell Jesus that you want Him to save you and receive His gift of salvation. He loves you and came to save us. He came to save you!
• For believers, we can call on the name of Jesus to rescue us, heal us and set us free. Are you walking through something difficult and painful? Call on the Name of Jesus and ask Jesus to help you, rescue you, heal you and receive His power at work in and through you.
• Is there someone you love who needs Jesus to rescue them? Pray for them and ask Jesus to rescue them in the Name of Jesus.