Three Lessons of Faith that God Taught Abraham:
1. Faith is Rooted in God’s Revelation
“Now the LORD said to Abram…”
Faith is based on…
• God’s Will — not on our desires
• God’s Grace — not on our merits
• God’s Word — not on our desires
2. Faith Grows in My Obedience
“Go from your country”
Our faith is not a blind faith. God has given us exactly what we need to trust Him. By His Word and His Spirit he speaks what is needed to follow. Don’t live your life off of emotions, when God commands you to act or promises you something, workout your faith by acting on it.
3. Faith Results in My Ministry
“so that you will be a blessing.”
God blesses so that we might be His instruments of blessing.
Think and Talk About It:
• Is your faith based in God’s Will, Grace, and Word or your own desires and merits? What do you act on more often?
• How have you obeyed and trusted God’s commands or promises in the past? Take time to thank God for those opportunities.
• How have you obeyed and trusted God’s commands or promises in your current season of life? Ask God to speak clearly to you in the current season you are in. Ask Him to grow your faith in fresh ways.
• Do you use the spiritual, relational, and material blessings in your life to bring comfort to yourself or do you use those blessings to truly and intentionally bless others?
“Faith is believing that God will do what He said He will do.” (Pastor Ryan’s Plumber)
“No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.” (Romans 4:20-21)