This weekend Ryan Cook, our student pastor, launched our new series, The Clash. As Christians we often feel at war with the society around us, but before we can approach the Clash, we must prepare. We must first know the heart of God before we can become His hands and feet. In Acts 1, we can glean insight about how the early church prepared for the clash.
1. Reflect His Character (Acts 4:13)
If you want to know somebody you have to spend time with them. Jesus came and spent time with the Disciples. They spent time with Him and learned who He was so that they could be like Him. If we are going to know God we must spend time with Him.
2. Trust His Plan
God always provides…
• Strategy: Jesus is explaining the strategy to the disciples to go and make disciples in all nations. (Matthew 28: 18-20)
• Timing: God told the disciples to wait on His timing. We need to rely on the Lord’s timing and not our own. (Acts 1:4)
• Power: The disciples saw the power of God at Pentecost. Allow the power of God to move in your life. (Acts 2:1-4)
3. Experience His Forgiveness
• Forgiveness of our sins for salvation
• Receive ongoing forgiveness
• Is your life saturated with the word of God?
• Are you walking according to God’s strategy or have you made plans of your own?
• Are you leaning on your own power or God’s strength?
• What is a stronghold in your life?
• Are you worth following?